*This post is in collaboration with the “Absolut Mykonos Suites and More“, “Colours of Mykonos“ and “Mykonos Waves’‘*
Hi there !
This is the post we’ve all been waiting for: My trip to Mykonos in May 2018 ! My sister and I had the pleasure to spend 7 wonderful days in 3 amazing hotels and explore Mykonos to the fullest.
Our first hotel was the Absolut Mykonos Suites & More which is a 3min walking distance from Chora – the main town of Mykonos. The Absolut Mykonos has it all: super cozy rooms with a beautiful view over the beach, the most friendly staff you could ever imagine, a beautiful infinity pool and instagram worth beach beds, a gym and spa and an amazing, vegan friendly breakfast buffet + THE MOST AMAZING SUNSETS YOU WILL EVER SEE. We have spent our first day in Mykonos relaxing at the pool, taking some photos and enjoying the beauty of this hotel. The rooms are all equipped with a cozy bed, a gorgeous shower, which is separated from the actual bathroom, and a balcony with a gorgeous ocean view. I can honestly tell you: everything about this hotel is instagram worthy ! We even got the chance to get an amazing massage at the hotels spa and it really was the best massage I’ve ever gotten.
The Absolut Mykonos is a very stylish and luxurious hotel and its located in the best area you could possibly stay in on Mykonos, due to the short walking distances to the most popular spots like Litte Venice and all the teeny tiny shops and beautiful restaurants in Chora. In my opinion the style is super modern and clean, which makes it a perfect spot for your vacay photos 😉
The pool area at the Absolut Mykonos Suites and More – It was so relaxing to chill out, have some avocado on toast (yes you can get avo toast here ;), work on my laptop and spend some quality time with my sister.
If you know my interior taste, you know that these rooms fit my taste so well ! I loved all the white and blue details and the balcony was one of the places we hung out the most, because of its amazing view. We relaxed there every evening, drank some wine, ate bread and olives with balsamic and olive oil and had some big laughs !
The pool bar was such a nice place to work from ! I always took my laptop with me, drank some coffee and worked my way through all the photos I had to edit and focused on new ideas / plans on what kind of shots we were going to take that day 🙂 The prices for food and drinks are affordable and the food is such good quality – you can really tell that its super fresh !
This is the ensõ spa at the Absolut Mykonos – my sister and I both got a neck and shoulder massage, which really was the best massage I’ve ever gotten (yes ! even after several thailand trips) – Eva has magical hands ! These are the other treatments you can get, besides a visit to the sauna and / or hamam:
• Deep Cleansing & Detox • Spa Floral Brightening Care • Hot Stone Hydration and Radiance with Flowers • Aroma Massage • Back / Neck & Shoulder Massage • Head & Foot Massage • Leg Massage • Deep Relaxation Body Massage • Relax Massage
Click here: Absolut Mykonos Suites & More
Colours of Mykonos
We have spent day 4&5 at the cozy Colours of Mykonos, which gave us all of the feelathome-vibes we love ! The hotel is located close to Psarou Beach, but you will need a car or use the hotels own driving service in order to get where you want to, because it is a little bit off the beaten track [which we love]. Our room was equipped with an amazing balcony + a whirlpool (OMG YES!). The hotel manager was so kind – we immediately felt welcome and she even made sure that I got my beloved fruit salad for breakkie 🙂 we even got a little old school phone to call her if we needed anything. We spent most of our time at the Colours relaxing at the beautiful pool or in our hot tub in the evening..btw: its the perfect place to order some pizza and eat it there, because its just so cozy!
This place takes you immediately to your greek architecture dreams ! So so cozy…you feel at home the second you arrive and being off the beaten track makes this hotel even more amazing, because you can’t feel anything but relaxed here <3
I think its really useful to have a rental car, quad or scooter while you stay in Mykonos, because it just makes everything so much easier and exploring the island is a lot of fun ! Whenever we were finished relaxing at the Colours of Mykonos, we mostly took our little rental car on a exploring tour around the island, bought snacks at the supermarket for our usual evening chat session on the balcony or had lunch / dinner in Chora.
Click here: Colours of Mykonos
If you love beachy, white & wooden designs, having your own little kitchen and being located right at the islands most popular wind-surf-beach Korfos – this is the place for you ! The Mykonos Waves Beach House & Suites is a super stylish beach hotel and looks like something I would like to live in in the future 🙂 We were lucky enough to spend our last 2 days on the island here and we felt so relaxed ! The hotel manager was so kind and he gave us some great tipps, like visiting the nearby island of Delos for a ancient greek cultural experience and how to get there – he was always in a great mood. Taking the perfect instagram shots was so fun and easy, because literally EVERYTHING about the Mykonos Waves is insta-worthy! The little beanbag chairs on the pool make it the perfect place for a sundowner before heading off to one of the islands beach clubs or to dinner.
The rooms are equipped with a little kitchen, so preparing your own meals isn’t a problem at all – this is especially great for people like me, who live on a specific diet (eating vegan in Mykonos was quite hard) or who just like to cook their own fresh food (which is a lot cheaper than eating out – A LOT – because restaurants are very pricey in Mykonos). Our beautiful white bed was facing our balcony door and therefore we could watch the sunrise over the ocean while waking up 🙂 what more could you ask for?
The view over the beautiful ocean was priceless – I could sit at the pool and watch the kitesurfers in the waves forever 🙂
Click here: Mykonos Waves Beach House & Suites
Where to eat [vegan] in Mykonos
• Appaloosa Restaurant: + super vegan friendly, tasty mexican food, friendly staff, fair prices, in the middle of Chora with the most beautiful atmosphere – nothing (we literally found this on our last day and were so sad that we didn’t find it earlier… best restaurant in Mykonos <3 )
• Markos Falafel: + cheapest munchies in Mykonos, yummy Falafel plate or wrap, Hummus and Baba Ghanoush – do yourself a favor and eat outside
• Katerina’s Bar and Restaurant: + located in Little Venice with a wonderful ocean view, great vegan Greek Salad, Hummus and homemade pita bread – quite pricey
• The Bowl: + super vegan friendly, yummy & fresh food (Smoothie Bowls, Mexican Bowls, Quinoa / Avo Salad & more..) and a perfect spot for instagram shots – way to expensive, tiny portions (you will not feel full after one main dish)
• Obati Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria: + restaurant and delivery service, many italian vegan dishes & vegan pizza [without cheese] – pizza had too little tomato sauce on it
…something else we really enjoyed: we went to the supermarket, bought bread, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, olives, tomatoes, salt and pepper and a bag of pre-cut salad… prepared some plates on our balcony and dipped the bread into the olive oil / balsamic / salt & pepper and ate it with tomatoes + poured the same ingredients into the pre-cut salad bag and ate it straight out of the bag 🙂 cheapest meal in Mykonos and still so yum if you enjoy it with good company, a beautiful view and a nice glass of wine.
Where to go in Mykonos
• Chora: walk through the uncountable pretty streets of Mykonos town, with its white houses, colorful accents, blue doors and flower trees and take a quick break at one of the beautiful coffee shops to indulge the mykonos vibes to the fullest
• Agios Sostis Beach: This beach is quite popular for the small tavern located right on the stairs down to the smaller bay of Agios Sostis and its my favorite beach in Mykonos – you can choose between the wide, long beach or the wind-protected tiny bay located next to it (I prefer tiny).. simply enjoy your day tanning, swimming in the crystal clear water or climbing up the rocks 😉
• Delos Island: Only a 30min ferry drive away from Mykonos is the ancient island of Delos – I was missing a little bit of old greek history in Mykonos but Delos totally made up for it: the whole island is full of ancient greek ruins, statues, monuments, houses and more – a must do in my opinion 🙂 simply take the ferry from the port next to Little Venice..the ticket is 20€ return and you will have to pay another 12€ for the entrance to the island.. We really enjoyed walking around and exploring the island and old culture all day!
• Little Venice: located in Chora (Mykonos Town) – its the nicest place to walk around during sunset time, take some shots at the windmills, eat dinner or simply enjoy the beautiful pink colored sky 🙂
• Armenistis Lighthouse: Located at the tip of a cliff in north-western Mykonos you can find this old, abandoned lighthouse in pure nature and with beautiful views over the ocean – we even saw a deadly horn viper (snake) while walking around 🙂
Ftelia Beach: A quiet and charming beach in a very non-touristy area. The best part: we got to cuddle a cute beach cat for hours and she wouldn’t stop playing with us & even snuggled up with me on my towel [so so cute – made my day]
• Agia Anna / Divounia Beach: a small land tongue with a old greek fisherman village and some little hidden bays if you walk around the rocks and hills and explore a little bit.
• Scorpios Beach Club: if you like ancient greek party vibes, beautiful designs and stylish people (and spending 9€ for a 330ml bottle of beer) – this is the place for you ! Its a beautiful beach club with a restaurant and clothing shop and its definitely worth going there 1x while in Mykonos and having a drink or two.
I hope you enjoyed this blogpost & were able to gather some infos and tips for your trip to Mykonos – if you have any questions, simply leave a comment down below or send me a DM on my instagram @menatrvtlo 🙂